LF: Re: Broadcast audio splatter on 136kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Broadcast audio splatter on 136kHz
From: "Marcin" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 00:18:42 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Paul-Henrik, LF

I forwarded my friends engineers from Solec Kujawski about your problem.
Check the transmitter. A few photos from the transmitter:
http://www.sp2pzh.pg.gda.pl/solec.html
Vy 73!
Marcin SQ2BXI

LF

Does anybody else on the reflector suffer from BC-splatter on 136kHz? It has
been a regular occurance here lately after dark. After some identification
work
I have a match on the running programmes on 171 and 225kHz, 225kHz being the
stronger.

I blamed my RX chain at first and started to eliminate IMD possibilities but
even now using a passive antenna and a very sharp bandpass filter (much like
an
IF-filter for a valve BC-set) I still have the BC splatter.

So far I have not been able to determine the carrier frequency of this
"phantom
station" but it must be close to the carrier of Lakihegy. Using AM detection
with a narrow filter it seems centered around 135.4kHz. Sounds like two
BC-stations on top of eachother and the USB reaches up in the amateur band
making "ghost whispers".

Luxembourg effect, transmitter IMD or just me missing the point? The
bandpass
filter is very effective and there are only weak traces of signals above
150kHz.

BR

Paul-Henrik, OH1LSQ