AW: LF: "Gain" between qrss3 and qrss10?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: "Gain" between qrss3 and qrss10?
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:54:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Well, if I apply 1kW to a bad antenna and get 100mW ERP, then 10kW will get 1W ERP and this is thus not nonsens of the legal limit regs but rather a gain of 10 dB. The same when you increase from 100W to 1kW with a 10dB better antenna. And if you then are able to do a qso in qrss3 instead of qrss30, even the needed energy is the same! You won time, that’s the gain! And you can enthuse the LWLs receiving nice signals!

@Mike: Tnx for your reliable statement! And: Again tnx for your transmiisions before some weeks! Will you do it again eventually the next days? I have to do some further tests ;-)

Stefan/DK7FC

You've nicely demonstrated the nonsense of the 1W ERP legal limit regs.

The 200 W TX output on LF and 100 W TX output on MF the norwegian

authorities permitted seem to be by far more reasonable to me.

73

Joerg, DL3NRV