Re: LF: Microwave oven transformers

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Microwave oven transformers
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:25:25 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
they work well,, removal of the shunts helps with the regulation
hopefully yours will have the grounded side of the winding
brought out to a terminal where you can open it and
make a full wave supply. The other option is to use 2 matched
transformers that have their windings internally grounded in a
supply that would use a grounded center for the secondary
nice light weight high power transformers
I have used one for my 144 amp for 10 years with no problems
2200 volts at 250 mils or better
the newest Mwave ovens will use switching supply
so get them on big trash pick up day while you can

Bob K3DJC