Re: LF: Wanted - non-random PN sequence generator - so Off Topic it shou

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Wanted - non-random PN sequence generator - so Off Topic it shouldn't be allowed here!
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 09:31:40 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Andy

Try a 'Linear Feedback Shift Register', Google it...

Very simple to implement in a MCU and can be scaled to any size you like. I wrote some code to do this in PIC assembly years ago that was only a few lines long for a 256bit sequence...

Best of all you can predict the outcome and choose a sequence that meets your needs given a unique seed word....

Better yet it offers a means of identification over a long term integration :-)

73 Scott
VE7TIL

Andy Talbot wrote:
...but if any mathematicians,  number theorists or cryptographers
should be reading this...

I've just got a WSPR generating routine running on a PIC / AD9852 /
GPS combination, but I'm looking for a half-decent way of generating a
pseudo random Tx/Rx sequence with defined duty cycle that does not
give the long(ish) consecutive runs of 0's or 1's that MUST ALWAYS
occasionally be seen in a truly random sequence.

In other words, the sequence needs to be bandpass filtered.

Before I cop-out and just use a pre-generated set of lookup tables,
take a look at   http://www.g4jnt.com/WSPR_PN_Sequence.pdf
for a fuller description of the mind-bender

Andy  G4JNT
www.g4jnt.com