Re: LF: Razor blade RX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Razor blade RX
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:01:03 EST
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 07/01/2009 18:06:29 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
More ABUSE about a person who asked a simple question about how those during WW2 managed to improvise and build a simple xtal set to receive allied news transmissions and German transmissions getting their news.Apart from the technicalities and innovation think of the moral aspect. If caught one could be exterminated.
Please act like a Gentleman and let us have your opinion. What would you do.
Mal

I don't HAVE an opinion on the question and I wouldn't do anything because my days of having any desire to make wireless sets from rusty razor blades, bits of wet string, or whatever else I might find in a trench, are long gone and I don't care if others can or can't do it either.

I have no problem with the question being asked and would have no problem with a sensible discussion on the same but, yet again, it's not about the asking of a simple question, it's about your rantings that result from any attempt to answer and to use anything that suits you to belittle those who respond.
And that's even before considering which way the razor blade should be oriented within the pyramid for optimum reception!

It might surprise you to hear, not that I suppose it matters much, that I do respect your obvious ability when it comes to CW and your apparent ability, albeit much self publicised, when it comes to your constructional skills, but the continuous bleating about your way being the ONLY way really is a pain in the back end.

Why do you find it so difficult to accept, as all the rest of us have to, that there will be skills and interests you don't posess that are as equally valid as yours, that don't detract from yours, but aren't inferior to yours either?

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR