Re: LF: Razor blade RX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Razor blade RX
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:44:06 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
OK Mal

What actually is the challenge then?

Just to make an RX using a razor blade as the guys in Coldiz did?
An Rx to receive AM broadcast stations on the Medium wave or Long wave BC bands?
I think that RX has been described previously in these exchanges.
Or are you asking for one to be actually made and demonstrated?
Or do you just want a shopping list of things to be stolen of their captors to make the RX? Together with a technical description of how the whole thing works?
Shopping list like:- Razor blade, wire, telephone earpiece, pencil, safety pin, sliver paper for cap etc? But in more detail, the razor blade being a bit of a Red Herring because most oxides on metal surfaces will exhibit a none linear conduction characteristic required for AC rectification e.g the rusty nail effect beloved by the old C&G RAE..

Or have you got a "Smart Alec" solution?

Please specify!

Regards 73 Petefmt