RE: LF: Re: China grabber 137.777 for tonight

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: China grabber 137.777 for tonight
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 13:37:13 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Marcus - Yes your right on the offset - Ill do the adjustment after close down -

Im using a new (very) PC and attempted to cal using my normal methodology of using JJY setting it to 59Khz and checking for a 1000Hz tone,  but this doesnt work on this machine. I have a global list of loran lines and indicated global clear areas that could be used on the spreadsheet http://www.kl1x.com/wwloran.gif which Ive been playing with so Ill use that to cal tonight. 8390 is the strongest and Ill concentrate on that. My second excuse (!) is Im using the SDR IQ and its long term freq stab isnt all that hot, especially on HF using WWVH I can get up to 10Hz variation dependant on if I leave the unit on the window sill in view of the sun - now after the "divide by" it isnt that bad down at LF.

Really pleased to receive anything here given the semi industrial and "entertainment" area in the City - the saving grace is the Golf Course one side and that the antennae is us in the clear now. Another nice thing - if you see it my way, is all the satellite antennaes, LNB's cabling have been cut down by the local ministry, citing that they are illegal so I dont get any SMPSU hash or leakage there.

Cheers.

Laurence (waking up) BY3A-KL1X Bohai Bay China

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 23:12:35 +0100
> Subject: LF: Re: China grabber 137.777 for tonight
>
> Hi Laurence, LF,
>
> I have tried to identify the LORAN lines in your display:
>
> GRI freq/Hz your dial
> 8390 137 777.116 777.38 (strongest)
> 8930 137 777.156 777.41
> 7430 137 779.273 779.54
> 9930 137 779.456 779.72 (weak)
> 7950 137 773.585 773.86 (very weak) (btw I never found this chain on 100 kHz)
>
> This would mean that your frequency scale is currently reading 0.26 Hz high. For comparison, the RN3AGC and F1AFJ grabber readouts
> are fairly accurate. Thus "WPF" and "Y" do appear in China on their expected frequencies, whereas DF6NM produced only a single dash
> so far...
>
> Thanks very much for running your receiver and grabber! We're sweating hard ;-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Markus, DF6NM

Life on your PC is safer, easier, and more enjoyable with Windows Vista®. See how =