Re: LF: Re: Olivia QSO

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Olivia QSO
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:57:06 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jim

I tended to see a better print from the wider system, but the propagation changed over the test, your original signal was quite audible from the loud speaker, in fact , would of been enough for a ssb contact !. both systems appeared to print into the noise , this is a unnerving feature of the mode , clear type from nowhere !

I'm not sure on the tone v bandwidth pay off, but a email to the code group may get a outline ?

Simon Brown's drm780 has in the olivia mode a layered software search, that when enabled, array processes the recovered audio file and detects an olivia signal, giving the frequency offset and will apply this to the tx . I'm not sure if it will detect the mode but may well do.

Best would test would to simply run the two systems in parallel as the peak power required is not high to ensure reasonable decodes /

Interesting night !

Graham,..