LF: Re: Re: 500kHz WSPR Beacon

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: 500kHz WSPR Beacon
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 06:12:07 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Jim

Although the band allocations do not align between UK and US, I think it should be possible to operate split-frequency to produce a bi-directional trans-atlantic WSPR beacon network. Anyone interested?

I'm interested...but the success rate EU > US has been somewhat disappointing so far. For all of the transmitting time so far I have copied only three lines successfully. Nonetheless I'd be interested in trying. Before setting things up for a QSO perhaps we should try the US > EU part of the link to see how reception is on your end. I'll need some help picking a clear frequency. First preference would be 508.5 kHz (507.0 kHz dial) although any frequency between 508.0 and 510.0 kHz would be available.

Please advise. Let me know early enough in the day and I can have it on the air that evening...weather permitting, of course. Moderate to sever icing conditions necessitate lowering of the vertical/tophat.

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2

p.s. Suggest we start listing frequencies as above to eliminate any confusion...or just list as '507.0 kHz dial' and forget the actual transmitted frequency...