LF: Re: 500kHz WSPR Beacon

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 500kHz WSPR Beacon
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:26:39 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE; b=4PAjrErFHgusgtCzpVaWRF6DNIUixBNpw5aB1P4qe/Ad5yusjHnqZqhefSZ9vacYvhEj5J8CiicnZxd7CK2wVjPMzajkyciORd468EQLVdeJMpMWzxyWkkPngmzPTfkdaUVSNdGcr6NWuI3v7kIWCIYsphrNcZhGOrFgw3ZXT6g= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Mark, LF Group,

Thanks for the info on reception of the WSPR beacon. It was shut down at
about 0830utc.

The data from all the receiving stations out as far as TF3HZ at about 1800km
is so far quite similar, with the SNR figures showing deep fades, as one
would expect. Curiously, there does not seem to be a major difference in the
SNR figures recorded at different distances.

So far, both myself and previously G0NBD have been copied in the USA using
WSPR - I think this is both the stations that have actually tried, and
positive reports have come within a couple of attempts, so this looks like a
quite viable mode for transatlantic beacons. Although the band allocations
do not align between UK and US, I think it should be possible to operate
split-frequency to produce a bi-directional trans-atlantic WSPR beacon
network. Anyone interested?

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU