LF: RE: DEGEN 1103

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: DEGEN 1103
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:13:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID030mLLVNG7072X38

Alan Melia wrote:
Hi Bob I dont have one but I dont see why that "trick" would affect the
hardware.....it is just a trick to fool the procesor into going below
100kHz. Of course you dont know what the sensitivity will be like down
there.Most of these radios have attenuation on the MW and lower to keep the
IMD from strong BC stations down. So it may not be brilliant down there.

Best Wishes
Alan G3NYK

I can confirm, after experimenting, that the fooling of the microprocessor has the negative side effect that the uP switches away from the internal ferrite antenna, as it has been surreptitiously convinced that the band where the radio is being tuned on, is outside the LW/MW segment.... there is no a free lunch... so either you use the small telescopic rod, which on LW/MW is of no use, or resort to an external antenna...

73  Alberto  I2PHD