Re: LF: WD2XES WOLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WD2XES WOLF
From: Hartmut Wolff <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:43:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Markus Vester wrote:
John,

Hartmut's readout showed an offset of -0.254 Hz. Assuming his calibration is perfectly correct, I might have just missed you, as I had set my decoder's frequency tolerance parameter to only 0.2 Hz. On the other hand, my location and setup is generally several dB's less sensitive than Hartmut's or Jean-Pierre's.

Markus and all,

my setup was not calibrated. Normally I use the Perseus SDR for overnight recordings of the NDB Band. My frequency tolerance parameter was set to 2Hz when I decoded the signal. I was a bit surprised the frequency was only 0.25 Hz off, because others reported poor resampling quality of Virtual Audio Cable.

Hartmut
www.h-wolff.de
Locator: JO52hp