Re: LF: Re: RTTY QSO 500 KHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RTTY QSO 500 KHz
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:03:43 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dennis,

Interesting on the rtty contact, what method are you using for 'tx' ?

What is your locator square ? you may be in the 'dead zone' in terns of distance , Gary and myself are roughly the same distance north , but after 70 miles or so ,there is a 'dead zone' till about 200 , I don't know, may be a band 100 miles wide after that, that's a problem with the band and as you can see at 600 miles, signals show up  quite well at Shetland, while not showing at Glasgow

I posted this 18/10 , :  was that you on cw ?

Seeing a very  low signal on 502.350 no audio .. looks like a cw cq call ?  60 second tx with 'gap'

35 ft top load .. no atu ... ft897-d  atten 'on'

G0NBD

IO83LK

Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:54 PM
Subject: LF: Re: RTTY QSO 500 KHz

Hi Gary

You may have heared me using RTTY on the 18th as I had a QSO with Chris G3XIZ earlier which went wrong, and was testing my TX later during your QSO with him.   My main problem is that I appear to be getting our reasonably well, but not so good on receive so didn't hear you.
Sorry about that.   I am working on the receive problem which is probably due to high QRN at my location.

73 Dennis M0JXM