Re: LF: 137kHz down under

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137kHz down under
From: "Warren Ziegler" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:07:30 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=PAPwtYtm/fg2hwaXXJl7FnzQ/0vV6uMrhQB/s7SqvA8=; b=jM9Ah9ienhwUAhu8OGOHrQ1UOvnWGqeuUlH0sUgJ4rNLJ8QigLCgui2DaxO6vEaedD JPEilNQerLXuRJDdSE4s/oR4d9MBK7rzxDUYu/O/Zxv5alyH6pWxvA4OUe8zFHf+oVBQ 5qLZb31vTquR+icgijUXYHCnY0upDcnYKb7f4=
Sender: [email protected]
Glad to hear that Australia has been granted 2200m as an amateur band!

Pity that its only 1 watt EIRP - I think that CEPT set a very bad
precedent by specifying 1 watt ERP
What are 'they' worried about? I don't think that 10W ERP on this band
would interfere with anything..
I run approx. 4W ERP and there may times when that is not enough!

73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:19 AM, Rik Strobbe
<[email protected]> wrote:
> For those looking for a new challenge on 137kHz:
>

> Low Frequency band for VK
>

> Australia is set to join the 30-odd countries whose radio amateurs have been
> already given the new low frequency amateur band of 135.7 to 137.8 kHz. It's
> been a wait of more than 20 years to officially get the band. A few VK radio
> amateurs, under special Scientific Licenses, have been engaged in pioneering
> experimentation on low frequency spectrum since the mid-1980s.
>
> The World Radiocommunication Conference in 2007 decided that there be a
> world-wide secondary allocation but left it to individual radio
> administrations around the world to decide on its introduction. This
> achievement followed a lot of hard work by the International Amateur Radio
> Union.
>
> The Australian Communications and Media Authority has released its draft
> Australia Radio Frequency Spectrum Plan that is to come into force on the
> 1st of January 2009. It includes 135.7 to 137.8 kHz for the Amateur Service
> on a secondary basis that VK radio amateurs do not cause harmful
> interference to radionavigation service stations that continue to operate in
> a number of countries.
>
> The permitted maximum radiated power is one watt effective isotropic
> radiated power. The New Year should see VK's top ham licence type, the
> Advanced Licence, gain this band as a new operating privilege.
>

> 73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

73 Warren K2ORS
 WD2XGJ
 WD2XSH/23