Re: LF: satellites

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: satellites
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:13:22 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=yWTiKH60EQjX6ABUECLt5e+I7mCMt2R65+QE3LPnXMSIZScgW82ULoeoTXxPoWmSUGjyGOogNLav3evhDnurDuJRvebB36HphlztJFtwAl+PP6dwal/ftgyEWcI/LJw/yn/t6BbKvaKxsTcPu4/hm0IbnpIps3Rj81qWpAxFCxI= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Nigel, whilst I agree with your sentiments it has to seen that those of
us (you me and John at least :-)) ) who do know which end of a soldering
iron gets hot are now in a minority amongst Radio Amateurs.  It is
interesting and slighly galling to go back and read the congratulatory
letters when the "new design" was introduced. The demand for more articles
like those describing tropical DXpeditions......well these may have been
"selected" but they were genuine. Radcom is not the only "Journal" to suffer
the attack of the "designers" Electronics World has had the same tacky
"make-over" .....graph plots reduced to be too small to be usefully read yet
acres of white space to bow to the magic "design" ratio of "text to white
space" The latter has not had above one "proper electronics" article in the
last two years, most being barely disguised advertising or PR handouts. The
pure objective of conveying knowledge is it seems not sufficient. Printing
half the text on top of a saturated colour picture or "design" is another
abomination for readers like me with slowly failing eyesight. A sad end to
the Highly Acclaimed Wireless World,  an ancestor of RadCom in the
1920s.....never mind the content half close you eyes and look at the
"picture" !!

You will note my web site is in "Times Roman", black on white and no video
clip/sound gimmicks....boring maybe, but it loads quickly and read the
content !! It is not intended to be mindless entertainment.

Moan over, best wishes both
Alan G3NYK
www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk