Re: LF: Re: Loran C

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Loran C
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:43:22 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=ZF+sH/OS5ewLZfsQy1DAQLOviPmWizNeRD3VZAuWja0=; b=OG7ynWeK6sfdwIh+J8BmuSWDxkuqPUUMO98sozaLFyMQ3tZPngYGSwXDCR2fMkk4Sh DPU7+WfSD2E1K3/52l9wGvwDnFv9qWSCP8PBH5DahC1rAU2i1hOZXxEpTJz82ar4r/0t 0CMbO5Qn+xGKly6tzu2qFSF/taXGCsx2hoL7c=
Sender: [email protected]
The whole over-air interface for the mobile phone system has to be
locked - the frame structure in GSM is critical to microseconds, and
has to be synchronised between all base stations.  I believe 3G is
even more time-critical, with the PN codes carefully adjusted for
multiple users, with fine tuning for base-mobile delay.  So they must
have accurate timing somewhere, but is it derived locally or is there
a central distribution.

--
Andy G4JNT
www.scrbg.org/g4jnt