Re: LF: Re: Loran C

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Loran C
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:41:19 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=2D7z217BliocKkg8InndwAHlgtrsy8q7xt3vT9ezPS0=; b=HuOwiUHbuQBOvNH1sraZl0vVaQetmqpJ5JsG9i4AYmdBsO1tE1XW0t+1M28mmXzXMp Oi91XZACsA/WDv1Rx4JD38Wy2N0YR8ypQABjCJO8orefoX8cC6BHyo6uYW58pgX0lBx0 4A0ecVwZRoXA43f+48ohmxCSZzmDsmKImtj5w=
Sender: [email protected]
The article has a very good point to make about GPS jamming though. I
think its probably the first time I've seen it talked about in the
open-press.  Our telecomms infrastructure now is so critically
dependent on accurate timing that a few well deployed low power
jammers could cause serious disruption.    And jammers really are
trivial to make.

Do a Google search on "GPS Jamming" and see how many hits you get.
Its interesting though, that of the published designs for GPS jammers,
the only one with any real high power capability (the Phrack design)
uses a very old technology - ie MC145150 parallel programmed synth
chip which is virtually unobtainable now.  No one has published a
design for a modern synthesized one built around Minicircuits bits,
for example, with a modern synth .  Perhaps they're keeping the design
to themselves to sell on Ebay.

Andy  G4JNT

--
Andy G4JNT