LF: Re: Smaller DC feeding choke in class E amplifier

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Smaller DC feeding choke in class E amplifier
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 21:26:37 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=E7okg7Zs5Ng0QlDQE686qr89ZY2e6hcgchMPDWpo8qQS2jrRJygicLWUXwMYPHR45PuZlfMI6u7TnxCTUjsaF7Gt/hmrmsxXnXLbbsHnKzEMkwiVBGB78L3s8VGjHmv4P3y3NNEmh5UfPfxxbYB15Kfep34f6HAhAxBtMqlQ/q4= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Johan, yes a quick look suggests a value  of anything over about 120uH
would do the job at 136 with a 10ohm load. I looked for data when I started
to experiment as I am sure you did and just built a big choke with thick
wire in a 50mm FX2240 pot core. It measured out at about 2mH and really
"clunked" at switching on.

I must read in more detail as at a first scan I did not see the choke
resistance in any equation.  Most test amps made used at least 500mH I think
at 136, though what the effect of the current thought the choke and the
field in the ferrite was I havent a clue. I did not look for saturation.

Nice Find
Thanks Alan G3NYK