LF: Re: M0BMU WOLF Beacon

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: M0BMU WOLF Beacon
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 23:16:08 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=wNR68NBSQLnB9I8dB4BVfgP5953q71Z1DPQmN4AvK6xsr7G3hWEgbQ26tsSqvgEpcQIhU2CiR+e7oFxymDLk6nRrkgABW1m118fEhWorb/IfmDyvaktuPSmv1JrLlQm55bwnuSLUwoKYQKB3lWvUXkNLrcZPHaUP+tgIssEM1z8= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF Group,

The WOLF 20 beacon is running again (from 2250utc) on 503.800kHz with 100mW
ERP. Any reports would be very welcome.

Thanks to SM6LKM for the reception report - the usual problem people have
receiving WOLF is getting the correct calibration of audio sample rate and
receiver frequency offset set up. But  I was interested to see Johan has
used nominal settings, and it looks like these are just right. I guess if
you are using an SDR system with a "virtual" sound card feeding data to the
WOLF decoder, the sampling clock in the SDR defines both the receive
frequency and the "audio" sample rate. So in this case there will only be
one unknown requiring calibration , which could be done using any convenient
carrier, making life much simpler.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU