Re: LF: Re: M0BMU WOLF Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: M0BMU WOLF Beacon
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:47:03 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Jim,

Jay and I have concluded that your WOLF signal is not copyable over here at its present power level. I have tried on at least half of the nights you have been running, but without any hint of a signal. This has included a variety of propagation conditions from horrible to very good. The 503.800 frequency is not the best here, due to a local "birdie," but appears to be clear at Jay's QTH.

Perhaps with the newly approved ERP we will have some luck on the WOLF TA path.

John Andrews, W1TAG

James Moritz wrote:
Dear LF Group,

The WOLF 20 beacon is running again (from 2250utc) on 503.800kHz with 100mW
ERP. Any reports would be very welcome.