LF: Re. LF Receivers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. LF Receivers
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:09:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID035mawRJy0489X29

lawrence mayhead wrote:

--- snip ---
Or a take drive in unknown country  with the Perseus SDR.
I really am in the dark here and would like to know wether is is neccessesary to re-digitise the audio output in order to get an ARGO FFT display or does it do this itself? and if so can I get 60/120 sec.dot resolution?

 Lawrence,

   I have many receivers, RA-1792, ICR-75 and Perseus included, among others.
Should I be forced to depart from all except one, the one that will stay is the
Perseus.
Granted, it needs some mentality shifting as far as the operating procedures are concerned. You don't have anymore a solid and reassuring heavy tuning wheel in your hand, to slowly turn in search of that elusive whispering, you will do the search visually on the waterfall, but which other receiver offers you a continuously variable IF bandwidth ranging from let's say 25 Hz to 12 kHz ? A complete view of what is happening in a range of 400 kHz ? A point-and-click tuning on the signal that has just appeared inside those 400 kHz ? To not speak of a BDR of 125 dB. Look here :
http://sundry.i2phd.com/bdr.gif

Further info here :
http://www.microtelecom.it/perseus/index.htm
http://www.radioamatore.it/woodbox/Perseus_uk.html

Though Nico IN3NWV (the designer and producer of Perseus) is one of my good friends, I have no commercial interests in this product, so my words are those of a satisfied customer.

73  Alberto  I2PHD