LF: Re: Fenceline longwire

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Fenceline longwire
From: "gboorerzl3pn" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:01:08 +1300
Sender: [email protected]

yes that metheod works well clear of city areas and clear of ac ground currents...our ozie mates a vk7 used that to recieve kiwi lf sigs on 181.4 khz cw freguency nz..normal real time cw .He was located portable up on Mt wellington tasmania ozie..several thousand feet of wire grounded one end and fed other..he sent video and sound tapes of our sigs...IT works as a magnetic loop..very effective .LF has gone quiet in zl..many of the old timers with lf permits have died or in rest homes..but some old kiwi buggers like me keep pressing on...bye george zl3pn timaru ..ps time to sit and look at aoraki-mt cook and remember our sir ed..hes our memories.. kia-ora ----- Original Message ----- From: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <[email protected]>