Re: LF: CLASS E

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: CLASS E
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:57:18 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Johan
Tnx for your observations and info on class E.
>From what you say there is no real point in having two class E pa's
connected in series, just use a single ended pa and choose the components to
suit the power output required. The second harmonic and all other harmonics
can be suppressed with a LPF.
My single ended pa is very clean and symetrical sine wave without any LPF
although I have one in line, because I had already built it and use it.
I was surprised that there were  no odd harmonics detectable on the output
rf signal considering all the sq wave in the pa driver etc. There has been
very little response from anyone else about class E amp experiences, I
expect they have never heard about this type of amplifier, or do not use
them.
I expect most are using class A,AB or C on 137 and 500 khz.
73 de Mal/G3KEV