Re: LF: CLASS E

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CLASS E
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:53:05 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:57:18 -0000
"hamilton mal" <[email protected]> wrote:

> There has been very little response from anyone else about class
> E amp experiences, I expect they have never heard about this type of
> amplifier, or do not use them.

Er....have I missed something...?

I seem to remember several people responded when you asked the
same question on Nov 4th. There were plenty of answers to your query
about efficiency etc. with a few measured values from real amplifiers
and some discussion of the theory and practice of switching PAs.

I understood from the level of response that several people (myself
included) were using Class-E amps. Perhaps this time round they have
decided not to repeat their answers.

I think that most people, despite your snide implication, have in fact
"heard about this type of amplifier" and possibly know enough about
them not to need to go over the same ground every few weeks for your
entertainment.

Since you've furnished us with some scant information about your own
Class-E experiments perhaps you'd like to enlighten us to the actual
performance figures, the hard facts that that you've tried to solicit
from others?

DC supply volts/current?

Output power?

Efficiency?

Harmonic and spurious emissions?

Temeprature rise of the heatsink after 10 hours key down at full power?

Enquiring minds would like to know....

John