Re: LF: 137 khz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137 khz
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:35:43 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Paul-Henrik,
your log indicates that DI2BE transmits on 501kHz.
but it is and was 505,140.12kHz.
regards
Uwe/dj8wx/di2be/jo43sv

Zitat von Paul-Henrik <[email protected]>:

Isn't you calling CQ being a good S1 over noise on a clear band in OH/KP03SD at
17.00UTC sort of a miracle already? And it has happened more than once during
the past week.

As seen from here, the primary problem doesn't seem to be power although it
would help the situation a lot, no doubt about that. Maybe it is the lack of
2-way permits in other european countries that is keeping the breaktrough from happening? You are not the only UK station I can hear on "a regular basis" but your early evening signal is really one of the best UK signals here. Late night propagation has more QSB, but with good signals in the peaks with plenty of time for a short QSO. Have a look at my log, all but one call is copied in normal CW:
http://www.netikka.net/oh1lsq/500_log.txt

The european amateur and experimental 500kHz signals have improved a lot here
during the past two weeks and this also goes for 505.1kHz. Evening best for
DI2AM used to be S2 over noise, now the DI2AM evening best is S5 over noise.
That is a BIG signal. DI2AM is at 1139km distance from here. I'm well aware of
the 9W ERP Jörg is using. Gus, SM6BHZ at 807kms soon owes me a new S-meter
needle. His signal was incredibly strong last time he was on, with 10W EMRP if
I remeber correctly.

So keep up the good work until they start handing out keys in other countries as
well! You are very priviligied at the moment in the UK.

73's

Paul-Henrik / OH1LSQ / KP03SD

Quoting hamilton mal <[email protected]>:

Hi all
137 khz seems to be neglected at present in spite of the more international
aspect. 500 khz although only a national UK band is attracting most of the
local UK operators. During this winter I will concentrate more on 137 given
that there is some other acty on the band.
I think 500 has been exhausted given the limited power restrictions, nothing
major can be achieved until higher power is permitted, or some some sort
miracle is performed !!!!!!!!
de G3KEV