Re: LF: New best DX?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: New best DX?
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:25:53 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:13:54 +0000
Peter Dodd <[email protected]> wrote:

> I finally got around to making a transmitter. It comprises a PL509
> sweep tube in class AB1 driven by my HB DDS (previously used for 73
> and 136kHz). My first QSO was with Chris G3XIZ who gave me 589. I was
> called by (I think) G3YHV but lost him due to QRN. I later tail ended
> GM4SLV in QSO with a G and after a difficult start (339) the signal
> improved to 559 during the QSO and faded right out at the end.

Hello Peter, LF,

Thanks for the info on your setup. I wondered about the "150kHz" bit in
RADCOM! Now I understand, a typo...

The G station you heard me working was G3YHV, Colin in Bristol.

The band certainly shows some deep and slow QSB at times, but if you
persist long enough you'll work the station. I've had long (>1hour)
QSOs with GI4DPE back in July/Aug/Sept where we just kept going
regardless. Just when we thought it was prudent to give up the signal
would climb back out of the noise.

Nice to work you Peter, for the best UK DX on 500 so far - unless
someone knows better.

Anyone in GU/GJ reading this list and want to have a go...?

John

--
John GM4SLV
IP90gg