LF: Visual Aurora and good condx

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Visual Aurora and good condx
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:24:27 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF

I've just been outside in the garden watching a splendid visual display
in the northern sky. The benefits of a remote northern location and no
light pollution!

I then came into a warm shack and called CQ.

Proceeded to work 3 new stations:-

G3YHV Colin, Bristol
G3LDO Peter, nr Worthing

and happily at last a 2-way QSO with G3UNT

Also a good QSO with Ray GI3PDN, probably above normal signals between
us, although Ray's beacon has been good recently.

My antenna blew down in a gale on Thursday night and was only
re-erected on Sunday! Just in time for some nice new catches on 500.

I guess Alan Melia may have some thoughts on the conditions wrt visual
Aurora. The QRN level is also quite high tonight, but there have been
some intense hail showers today and I guess there might still be some
ongoing somewhere within radio range.

Nice night. Now to relax in front of the fire.

--
John GM4SLV
IP90gg