LF: SPRAT

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SPRAT
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:03:37 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
I got a couple of old copies of SPRAT and found it contained some great
ideas and tit bit ccts. It is not hard to alter the ccts for QRO
applications.
You still need to be able to solder and with the new lead free solder that
needs Mega temperatures don't set the board on fire or melt the components.
or even worse burn the house down. Maybe the black box is the best bet for
some!!!!!!!!!!
The old F M CAMM comic of years ago was a great magazine for the technical
lad and if he needed a bed time story he bought the Rover and Hotspur.
Today the trend has changed, the stories have got bigger and technical info
smaller and its all mixed up with glossy adverts in the same magazine, we
will soon need a GPS device to find our way around it, years ago a
flashlight did the trick.
The only advert one encountered was Clydesdale Glasgow selling T1154'S at 17
shillings and 6 pence and a matching receiver R1155  for 2 pounds 11
shillings, 3 and a 1/2 pence. G2AK in Birmingham had Adcola soldering irons
for 1 pound and 2 pence, the solder was free.
Those were the days and every radio amateur was chattering away in morse
code about his latest build, there were very little hers in those days, just
the odd one, there are more today and think of the problems this causes when
him and her are both rushing towards the soldering iron.
There was one called Tracy and another Felicity, lovely names just flowed
off the morse key!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if they are still about.
de Mal/G3KEV