LF: XBand 500kz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: XBand 500kz
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:42:56 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Mal  G3KEV, for the xband contact tonight. I was using 50 watts to a 80/40 trap dipole. One of the problems with dual receive was the loss of the 500 khz signal when the auto atu was in cct for 80m. So at the end of each transmission I had to switch the atu out of cct. I apologise for the morse, I am not used to qso'ing on the key. I can usually manage the rubber stamp stuff for dx chasing and contesting, but qso'ing will require more practice. I have had a nearly retirement gift from the company I work for, of a Kent brass straight key, so have no excuses when I retire just before Xmas. I used the rigs inbuilt keyer with a Bencher paddle tonight and that runs away with me sometimes. I will track down John GM4SLV for a cross band contact. I heard him on this evening and called him a couple of times on the 80m frequency before I had the contact with you. We have been in contact through email nearly from the start of his operations on 500Khz.
So thanks again Mal and 73.
Mike G3YPE