Re: LF: QRSS report on the beacon band

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS report on the beacon band
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 08:11:15 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Peter.

Thank you for the report.

I know beacons are not everyone's idea of best band usage but I try to keep my meagre 5mW out of the way at the top end of the band. (well, at the top end of Dave's grabber which I use for monitoring)
Also, I do get a couple of e-mails a week from people who tune their radios down to 500k for the first time and then report the beacon as the only signal that's there during the 10 or 15 mins they listen.
If the band was full with people struggling to find space to have a QSO I would of course switch it off.

Thanks again

David