RE: LF: QRSS report on the beacon band

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: QRSS report on the beacon band
From: "Michael Probert" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 14:08:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

I ran my beacon from approx 10.00 BST ( having called CQ for about ½ hour) to 21.00 BST.  Then called CQ again and had an enjoyable cw qso with G3XIZ who I had never received before. So beacons do serve a purpose and with the problems of propagation over the land mass and the low power permitted I make no apology for occasionally running in beacon mode.   Like David below, I also get reports from first time listeners who are delighted to hear some signal on 500khz. A card from GB2LD

advising me that I was the first 500khz signals received since the closure of GLD.was up lifting. When the 501/4 allocation is full of signals fighting for space, as it was at times on 136khz, then I will cease beacon mode.

With best regards to all

Mike  GW4HXO.