LF: 500 QSB

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 QSB
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 09:01:09 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Propagation on 500 vy good last nite in spite of the QRN.
For instanced GI4DPE peaked S9 at 2240z and my signal came up to the same
strength with him, but earlier at 2203z he was 579 and gave me 559.
A big improvement but the band is unpredictable with the QRP restrictions
allowed here in the UK. I also worked GM4SLV but the QSB was more rapid and
severe on his signal, peaking S7 at 2242z and taking dips into the noise,
earlier than this his signal was barely audible.
The QSB on GI4DPE was more gradual up and down.
The above observations apply to other bands as well, ie 160 and 80 metres
for those using QRP, whereas at the higher power levels, 100 watts or so
there is often no qsb or barely noticeable for stations active over similar
distances.
73 de Mal/G3KEV