LF: 500 QSB

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 QSB
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:45:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF Group,

Finbar and I moved our sked forward tonight to 9pm local (20:00UTC) and
noticed some rather rapid, deep fading. I'm not sure if this was time
related due to being closer to our sunset time, or condition related.
I'm sure the fading is generally slower and less catastrophic in the
dips.

The QSB on Finbar's signal went from RST 579 to NIL and back over a
period of around 2-3 minutes.

Some periods were much shorter, some longer, but in the 20 minute QSO
there must have been 5 or 6 complete cycles. The QRN made it a bit
difficult to tell if the signal was fading or the noise increasing at
times!

Very interesting - we even used his QSK facility so I could break in to
forewarn of loss or return of his signal.

Now I must get the soldering iron out and add break in to my TX - at
present I have to throw a big switch to c/o to TX.

Regards,

John GM4SLV