LF: Re: 136kHz Getting started..

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 136kHz Getting started..
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:25:37 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID469LFDqZl0333X29
Alan Melia wrote:
Hi Alberto, you must have got a pension increase !!

Hi Alan,

on the contrary ! With the new (well, it was new one year ago...) leftist government we enjoy now in Italy, there has been a tax increase, which means less money to spend for yourself...

But registering a domain name complete with DNS services and an unlimited (within reason..) Web space linked to it, costs about 25 Euro/year (VAT included), so even a poor retired man as me can afford it... I found a nice hobby-related domain name still free, and I registered it at my name, complete with the Web space. As soon as the move will be done, my programs will be accessible both with the new name and also with the old weaksignals.com name, but now free from any form of ads and pop-ups.

Qsl.net was a nice idea at the beginning, and then very usable. But with the increase of the number of the users (and hence of the cost for maintaining the server farm), it has declined up to the point of being almost unusable for the very slow response time. I don't like the politic of its maintainer, of giving free space and then asking for voluntary contributions. It would be much more sensible to ask a modest fee related to the services one requests. But of course everyone is entitled to his opinions and free to act according to them.

73  Alberto  I2PHD