Re: LF: Re: LF Portable 502Khz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: LF Portable 502Khz
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:49:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 2 Jun 2007 at 13:02, James Moritz wrote:

> Dear Colin, LF Group,
>
> 1150utc - Just had a QSO with G3VTT/P (along with G3UNT) - now a very
> good 599 signal here after a slightly wobbly start!. Colin reports QRM
> from broadcast stations, but still was able to give me a 579 Report.
> Would love to know what is holding the kite up...

I have been listening to Colin for a little while while he chatted to
you, Brian UNT and Alan XAQ. Good 589/599 signals here from all
stations. But it seems Colin couldn't copy me when he and Alan
listened for any callers.

I know Colin is having problems from broadcast breakthough, but it
does seem that some people have big receive problems. Earlier this
morning I called Brian G3UNT but only got QRZs and he seemed to copy
me as G4GDR at which point I gave up. While Colin was chatting from
his /P G4GDR called CQ several times exactly co-channel (he was 589
here) and he was clearly unaware that the others were chatting on top
of him (as apparently Colin and Brian were also...).

I know I am not the biggest signal in the world on 500kHz, but surely
if I copy G4GDR (Swindon) 589 in Bracknell I would have thought they
should have been hearing each other.

Just dismantled my K2 and about to pop out to our NFD site. Good luck
to others looking for Colin, back here first thing in the morning.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com