Re: LF: Re: Request for an allocation near 500 kHz in France

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Request for an allocation near 500 kHz in France
From: "MIKE REID" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 06:10:14 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
Ahh, thank you for the translation. hi hi...Keep asking and tell them of the US, UK and other countries using the band. They may get tired of hearing you ask and tell you OK we will let you run a experiment. I wish you lots of luck. Do not give up, keep trying!!! We need worldwide use of 600 meters for all Amateurs.

73's fr
Mike
WE0H
From: Jean-Pierre Godet
   Hello Mike and LF !

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, MIKE REID wrote:

> What does it say in English? hi hi... Might have been better to ask for
505-510kc to stay away from that 495-505kc guard band.

   To summarize, ARCEP (the authorities in charge of amateur radio
licensing) rejected my request for a temporary dispensation without a
study of the proposal, because of the french law about the national
distribution of frequencies bands (march 25th, 2004), in which there is no
reference of an allocation for amateur radio between 405 and 535 kHz (!).

   Later, perhaps...

   73 Mike and LF !

   F5YG