LF: Transatlantic QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transatlantic QSO
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:24:26 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Joe, VO1NA, and I completed a successful QSO last night. He was using
QRSS60 and I used QRSS30. The contact involved no repeats and lasted
3.5 hours, starting at 2230UTC. 'O' reports were exchanged.

The attached images of Joe show that conditions were very good, with
some strong fades. Initially I had Argo set to 30 second dots, but
changed to 60s during a fade, which is why the first picture looks
odd.

I run about 200mW ERP from an antenna squeezed into a garden 20m
(70ft) by 8m (25ft). I believe Joe was running well below 1W ERP
himself.

My thanks to Joe,and to W3EEE for his DFC39 chart which reduced the
number of sleepless nights needed, and DF6NM for his grabber which
helped ensure a clear frequency.

I also noted activity from RA3YO near 137.777, and IK5ZPV and DK8KW
who were close to 136.318.

Mike, G3XDV