Re: LF: Transatlantic QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Transatlantic QSO
From: Joe Craig <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:31:10 -0330 (NST)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF Group,

There is not much to add to Mike's account of our QSO.  I was using the
oxco  exciter and keyer as described in QST vol. 89 no. 7 into a
switching/bypass cap and then to the Decca amp in the cold (-15 deg C)
shed.  Only one of the 3 PA's of the Decca amp was switched in.  The DC input
was 67V@5A and the antenna  current was 2.2 amps. The aerial was 100
metres of wire 10 metres above ground level and required 1.9 mH of
tuning inductance.

The attached files show portions of the QSO captured here.

Many thanks for the kind words and reports from F1AFJ F4DTL DF7NM
G3NYK G3LDO W1VD PA0SE Hartmut Wolf G3YXM G4WGT G3AQC IK5ZPV and CT1DRP.

A +0.1 Hz drift of the carrier seen on the F1AFJ grabber and reported by
Hartmut has been corrected ( I think) and it's now back on 137.7770 kHz.

Thanks Mike and LF group.
73
Joe VO1NA