LF: 807 (was TIL Grabber back online...)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 807 (was TIL Grabber back online...)
From: "John RABSON" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:14:07 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I believe that at Station X (aka Bletchley Park) the monitoring positions used
large numbers of HROs and AR88s, fed from a common aerial farm.  Some kind of
preamp was needed and I have been told they used several 807s.

I also came across an Old Timer who used a single 807 on CW, running 110 W
input.  He said "It's very simple.  You keep the volts up, the current down and
be careful of the screen dissipation.  Anyway, I have a large box of these
which I got government surplus".

73
John F5VLF