LF: Protecting E probe antennas in near field of LF TX antennas

To: <[email protected]>, "Discussion of the Lowfer \(US, European, &amp; UK\) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Protecting E probe antennas in near field of LF TX antennas
From: "Dave Brown" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 00:51:35 +1300
Sender: [email protected]
Has anyone done anything along the lines of the subject line using a mechanical switch/relay arrangement? I expect that any electronic method would add considerably to the capacitance from the probe 'antenna' to ground so the best option would seem to be to use something like the mechanical arrangement in the old Dow-Key coax relays that had the 'isolated' receive side contact. This will require a relay of some sort in the E probe that operates to remove the protective earth only when on receive. I'm still mulling over the best mechanical arrangement to implement this scheme-all ideas most welcome.
73
Dave, ZL3FJ