Re: LF: TIP: modifiying X-tals

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TIP: modifiying X-tals
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:12:48 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
I even used sandpaper to make the quarz thinner and thus increase the frequency. That worked sometimes up to 10%.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Quoting [email protected]:

In the ol days we would use a pencil or rub a bit of solder on the face
real hams used ? acid to etch and raise the frequency,, I dont remember
what the acid was but the local chemical company would sell a bit

drill a hole in the mount face, tap it and use a screw to apply
pressure and move the frequency around

Bob K3DJC