LF: Re: Fw: PA4VHF small backyard tests

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Fw: PA4VHF small backyard tests
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:56:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dick, you have a big problem somewhere there I can get 200mA of antenna
current with 2 watts RF . If you your TX is 80% efficient and generating abt
80w and your total resistance is measured as 60 ohms you should get 1.2 amps
or close to that . 6.8 mH is way to low for that capacity which suggests you
have a funny on the tuning maybe and interaction with the transformer. You
could try tuning the antenna alone (no matching transformers) with the
bridge, and see it it tunes in the same place.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK