LF: Fw: PA4VHF small backyard tests

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Fw: PA4VHF small backyard tests
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:33:27 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

----- Original Message -----
From: Dick
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 4:37 PM
Subject: Fw: PA4VHF small backyard tests

----- Original Message -----
From: Dick
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 4:33 PM
Subject: PA4VHF small backyard tests

Well, changed the antenna and fired up my little teststation this afternoon in my backyard.

Antenna: 3 wires 7.5m long spaced 40cm each , vertical part about 6m long also 3 parallel wires spaced 40cm each.
Feed is about 2m from the far end.

Measured about 170pF and 60 Ohm (?) with bridge, noisesource/136kHz oscillator and RX.

With variometer and loading coil connected, I needed about 6,7mH to tune things, where I expected to find
around 8,0mH.

Somewhere I got around 30-40pF extra. Maybe internal capacity of the loading coils???

With 100Watt DC-input I got about 200mA antenna current sofar.

Remarkable: when switching TX on/off, I could hear the first step-up transformer clicking (it's a 58mm 3C85 core)
is this usual???

The transmitter used is my little testbox with an additional amplifier with IRFP360 running at around 12-14V, 6-9Amp.
Mal has heard me before with this transmitter connected to a 15m spiral toploaded vertical..........

73

Dick, PA4VHF (JO32eg)