Re: LF: Re: Re: Re: DFCW on TS450

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Re: DFCW on TS450
From: "TDR Ltd" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:03:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
You could use the windows API for MSComm.
I include the example given, it should point you in the right direction if
you have Visual Basic and look up the help for MSComm
MSComm Control Example
The following simple example shows basic serial communications using a
modem:

Private Sub Form_Load ()
   ' Buffer to hold input string
   Dim Instring As String
   ' Use COM1.
   MSComm1.CommPort = 1
   ' 9600 baud, no parity, 8 data, and 1 stop bit.
   MSComm1.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
   ' Tell the control to read entire buffer when Input
   ' is used.
   MSComm1.InputLen = 0
   ' Open the port.
   MSComm1.PortOpen = True
   ' Send the attention command to the modem.
   MSComm1.Output = "ATV1Q0" & Chr$(13) ' Ensure that
   ' the modem responds with "OK".
   ' Wait for data to come back to the serial port.
   Do
      DoEvents
   Buffer$ = Buffer$ & MSComm1.Input
   Loop Until InStr(Buffer$, "OK" & vbCRLF)
   ' Read the "OK" response data in the serial port.
   ' Close the serial port.
   MSComm1.PortOpen = False
End Sub

Note   The MSComm control can use polling or an event-driven method to
retrieve data from the port. This simple example uses the polling method.
For an example of the event-driven method, see help for the OnComm event.
Mike Button. G8YMB