Re: LF: Tapped loading coil design spreadsheet

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Tapped loading coil design spreadsheet
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:57:47 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Jim,

I have always viewed tapped loading coils as a high-pass "L" network, where the upper part of the coil leaves a small amount of capacitive reactance, representing the "C" in the network. The shunt inductor is the part of the coil below the tap. The issue is then to design the coil for the inductances above and below the tap. In the couple of these calcs I have done, I had accurate R+jX readings of the antenna in advance. That may be more difficult for amateur work.

John Andrews, W1TAG