LF: RE: Re: Gardener required...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Gardener required...
From: "Martin Mac Gregor" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:29:50 -0700
Sender: [email protected]

In BC as well

Martin

VE7MM

Bindweed and bellbind control

Bindweed. Photograph copyright Dorling Kindersley - Calystegia sepiumCalystegia sepium (bellbind) is a strong twining climber, with shallow, fleshy underground stems. Convolvulus arvensis (bindweed) is weaker in appearance than bellbind, but also spreads rapidly through the soil. Both weeds can be imported into the garden among plant roots, soil or manure.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0801/bindweed.asp