Re: LF: RE: PAs

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: PAs
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:01:16 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Peter, Murray and Jim

thanks for the suggestions and apologize for responding so late (lot of
work in and around the yard. the ivy has no chance).

I investigated the PA , the feeder and the aerial coils agn. The result:

1. yes, there was an unbalance between the two halves of the push-pull
drain circuit, i.e. the primary windings of the output ring core
(toroid) were five on one side and six on the other.

2. the centre tap of those primary windings (where the DC is applied) is
connected to a  filtering capacitor. this capacitor has desoldered
itself. I changed the type from MKP to FKP. both are Polypropylene
capacitors but the latter handles high current ratings much better.

3. abt 3cm of cover and screen of the 90-metre-coax RG213U have been
destroyed by a special sort of mouse (W�hlmaus in english?). inner
isolation and core remain OK.  the question is, why did the feeding of
the aerial work nevertheless? the destroyed screen obviously did`nt
cause harm because there are two 4mm diameter underground wires
connecting the shack groundings with the centre of the radialsystem.
OK., I changed the coax all the same.

I`m satisfied with the result. the screen pic on the oscilloscope shows
amp and volt in phase.
But, but, but �. the FS indicator and the aerial amp indicator show the
same values as before.

regards
Uwe/dj8wx

BTW. Murray, did you get my email concerning Clicklock used in
connection with a FT1000MP?
.