LF: Re: Tech questions G3YXM amp+18 divider

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Tech questions G3YXM amp+18 divider
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 15:16:19 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dick wrote:

I am using a large heatsink 12x15x5cm.
On this heatsink I mounted a 1.5mm thick copperplate 75x150mm in order to
transport heat quick away from the FET's.
Maybe it's some 'overkill' , but I just want to set up a thing that can run
for hours
on full power; just a bit of reserve...........

Why don't you use one of those heatsinks with blower meant to be applied on
Pentium or Athlon CPUs ?
They have a large flat surface, ideal to screw on it a couple of Mosfets, and the blower is designed to remove a large amount of heat from the metal.
They can be found for almost nothing at ham fairs, or salvaged from old PCs at
the local city dump.

73  Alberto  I2PHD