Re: LF: 18.5 kHz in CT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 18.5 kHz in CT
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:54:03 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Hi José,

no, not really a cardioid. The cardioid symbol appears in SpecLab's RDF scale because I sometimes use the directional null function to mitigate green bands from a certain switched-mode power supply. This one is much stronger on the loops than on the E-field antenna, and I can minimize it by adding in a small portion of the H-field channel in antiphase (H/E-weighting = 0.2). For far field reception, this does create a small 20% asymmetry in the directional pattern.

Re the original subject line: The test transmissions from DHO38 18.5 kHz ceased yesterday morning 07:00. However some of the WWLLN spectrograms, mostly from the pacific area, still show another FSK signal on that frequency. I couldn't find this one in the station listings, does anyone know what it is?

73 and all the best
Markus

In einer eMail vom 20.04.2006 23:05:43 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit schreibt [email protected]:

Markus , does your Grabber have a cardiod receiving pattern?