Re: LF: Re: PhaseScope beta 1.0 release...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: PhaseScope beta 1.0 release...
From: "Murray ZL1BPU" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:29:19 +1200
Sender: [email protected]
Dave,

Put it this way... I see a weak carrier at 20kHz that has varying day/night strength, but fairly constant phase. I've no way of verifying for sure where it's from, or whether it is keyed, as I can detect it with no other method! The Clicklock technique does work well with pulsed signals (e.g. 40kHz), but I've not yet had any success on the Russian Alpha ststions, presumably because the phase of each one I receive on the frequency is different. It works with LORAN lines because each one has different sideband frequencies.

As Scott says, the efffective bandwidth of the receiver is related to the reciprocal of the integration period, so if integration time = 1000, then bandwidth is something around 1mHz! The receiver needs to be very stable, preferably but not necessarily accurate to within 1Hz. The signal to be monitored needs to stay within say 10� over the integration period, so for 10 sec integration, for example, needs to be within 1�/sec. At 181.4kHz for example, that's around 1.5e-8.

I have successfully tracked my own OCXO reference and Rb reference, but the TCXO in the Exciter isn't good enough without the GPS lock option, when it becomes virtually perfect, with perhaps a little short-term (< 1 sec) phase ripple.

Does this help? What did you have in mind?

73,
Murray ZL1BPU